- Applicants are strongly advised to secure a visa before purchasing a ticket.
- Applicant’s details must be used even if payment is being made by a sponsor.
- All incomplete/missing documents will be sent back to applicant at their own expense.
Click on the link below to apply.
Please read below the entitlements to a Ghanaian Visa carefully
Entry Requirements for Ghana
- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas issued by a Ghana diplomatic mission or consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- All travellers above nine (9) months coming into or transiting through Ghana are required to have been vaccinated against Malaria/Fever at least Ten (10) days from the proposed date of departure and where already vaccinated, provide evidence/ proof (certificate) indicating the duration of a vaccination status of not more than Ten (10) years before entering Ghana.
CONDITIONS FOR THE ISSUE OF VISA
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organisations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- The visa may be granted for single or multiple entry. First time visitors are not eligible to 1 year entry visa and above.
- Issued Visas must be utilized within three months of the date of issue.
- Visitors travelling on Business are required to furnish evidence of the fact, such as a letter from their firm, while those travelling at the invitation of Ghanaian nationals or residence or Ghanaian institutions should furnish a letter of invitation from their hosts.
- Visitors may be required to provide a return or a through ticket to a country which they have the right of admission or may be required to show evidence of sufficient funds for the duration of their stay in the country. Prospective employees may undertake employment within the authorized immigrant quota. Emergency visas may be issued at entry points to travelers who arrive from a country where there is no Ghanaian diplomatic or consular representation, but such applications must be authorized by the Director of the Immigration Service through their sponsors before they arrive in Ghana.
- Applications for further extension to visitors’ permit must be made to the Controller-General of the Ghana Immigration Service for consideration. Tourists may be allowed a period of stay of three months if the Ghana Immigration Service is satisfied that such tourists have sufficient means of financial support.
- Persons who enter the country as visitors are not permitted to take up employment even if there happens to be a vacancy on the Immigrant Quota of a prospective employer.
- Professionals (doctors, lawyers, nurses, etc), are required to provide particulars of their qualifications in order that the eligibility of their registration may be determined.
- Applicants on a VISIT to Ghana must provide a letter of invitation from their host in Ghana.
Travelers are strongly advised to ensure that they have all the necessary documents before arriving in Ghana.
REQUIREMENTS INFORMATION AND CHECKLIST
- Valid passport and copies of the bio-data page of the passport.
- Visa Application Forms to be completed and signed.
- Two (2) Colour Passport size photo.
- Business, Residential addresses and contact telephone numbers to be provided.
- Occupation/ Profession.
- Financial means to be indicated.
- Proposed date of travel.
- Names and Addresses of references and/ Accommodation in Ghana (if it is a hotel, details are to be provided)
- Letter of consent from parent/legal guardian for children under 18 years.
The under-mentioned categories are Prohibited Immigrants:
- A person of unsound mind.
- A person declared by medical personnel as medically unsound.
- A person considered to be a security risk.
- A person against whom there is a deportation order in force.
- A person who has been sentenced in a foreign country for extradition under the Extradition Act 1960.
- Ghana is one of the countries at the risk of Yellow Fever transmission, hence the need for all travellers (including those coming from countries with no risk to yellow fever) to Ghana to have a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate or records indicating their protection from yellow fever.
- The certificate will be inspected during the processing of the visa application. An applicant who for medical reasons cannot obtain the vaccination certificate must submit a medical certificate from a doctor.
|Single Entry (30 Days)||SAR 600||30 Days|
|Multiple Entry (3 Months)||SAR 600||90 Days|
|Multiple Entry (6 Months)||SAR 800||180 Days|
|Multiple Entry (1 Year)||SAR 1500||365 Days|
|Single Entry (30 Days)||SAR 700||30 Days|
|Multiple Entry (3 Months)||SAR 700||90 Days|
|Multiple Entry (6 Months)||SAR 1000||180 Days|
|Multiple Entry (1 Year)||SAR 1800||365 Days|
NOTE: The payment must be in Saudi Riyals Only (SAR).
- Visa application fees are non-refundable whether your application is successful or not.
- Visa will only be issued when all requirements have been fully satisfied. Fifteen (15) business days are required for the processing of standard visas. Applicants are, therefore, required to deposit their passports, together with the completed visa application forms, with the supporting documents well ahead of the time of proposed date of travel, in order to avoid possible delays.
- Expedited service is also available and takes five (5) business days.
Validity of Applications (For Online Applicants)
All visa applications online must be completed within 14 days. Incomplete applications will be deleted after 14 days if not completed and submitted online. Applicants will have to re-apply when application is cancelled.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONS EXEMPT FROM ENTRY VISA REQUIREMENTS TO GHANA
- Nationals of ECOWAS Countries:
Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
- Holders of Diplomatic, Service or Official Passports:
Brazil, Cuba, Germany, Namibia, China, South Africa, Sudan, Hungary, India, Equatorial Guinea, Morocco, St. Kitts & Nevis, Suriname Venezuela, Malta, Hong Kong (Diplomatic only), Turkey (Diplomatic only), Qatar (Diplomatic only)
NB: Exemptions for Category B above shall be for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days from date of entry.
- All nationals of the following countries:
Jamaica, Kenya, Singapore, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Seychelles, Barbados, Rwanda, Guyana, St. Vincent & Grenadines.
- List of International Organisations with which Ghana has concluded Visa exemption agreements.
Holders of passports of Regional Economic Communities in Africa and the African Economic Community, African Union, United Nations and its Specialized Agencies: The World Bank, African Development Bank, International Monetary Fund etc.
- Persons in direct Airside transit
All persons in direct airside transit are exempt from visa requirements.
The following are entitled to Gratis Visas to Ghana
- Holders of Diplomatic Passports
- Holders of Official/ Service Passports